Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cherry Mae Bartolata: Up Close and Personal


If someone ask me three words that will best describe Cherry Mae Bartolata, I'll answer beauty, brain, and talent. I met Cherry through common friends, at first i thought she was just a regular chick that has a diva-liked voice when she sings. I was wrong, Cherry is more than meets the eye.


Aside from a call center agent, she is also a business woman who personally takes care of their store and online shop Glam Factor. Cherry and partner Vijay Lo (also a call center agent) started Glam factor last year. Glam factor is a whole seller of cosmetic and other beauty products, which includes perfumes, lotions, and ready-to-wear clothing. I was surprised with the growth of the business in just one year. Now they already have clients outside Cebu and was able to set up a store in the IT bazaar.

I can also say that Cherry is the epitome of a modern woman, smart and independent. She knows what she want and has her own ways of doing things to get what she wants. I asked her if she considered herself as a strong personality, she answered with no doubt "Yes". Definitely Cherry knows where she stands right now, and knows where she is going to be in the future.


At age 23, she already knew that life is not as simple as "study + work = success", especially if you have big dreams. She believed that one must exert extra effort to earn money outside of work, because being a call center agent is just temporary.


And during bad times, she implied that one must find the strength within and believe that all the challenges will be overcome. Just like me she always anticipate the future and learn from the mistakes in the past.


Talking with her about her struggles, plans, and success in life really made me realized that she is indeed a strong person. I asked her if she cries during bad times and challenges. She answered "Yes". But she added that after the crying moment, she will move on and will be back to business. Then, I smiled at her, because at the back of my mind i can relate to the things that she said. Just like her, I don't have time for grief, anger or conflict. Those things are just hindrance to the things that I'm going to do which are prerequisite to my success in the future.


Knowing Cherry Mae Bartolata up close and personal, made me realize that i need to hurry up to start my own venture and focus more on the future where there will be no Stream. Cherry has Glam Factor already which is fast growing, she even revealed that they will be opening a boutique near SM. I would not be surprise if Cherry will open another Glam factor boutique near you.


To Cherry more power and more success...

check Cherry's online shop

http://glamfactor.multiply.com


Preview of what's next


The Fil-Australian hottie Dominic Montenegro


While doing this article, I ran out of words so I went out and met Dominic in JY. I asked him if I can feature him here. At first he said no, but I finally made him say yes. It was easy though because he is a good friend of mine and we've known each other for a long time already.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ericson :-) I hope this inspires everybody to always aim for success and after all it's always better to start early in life to give us a chance for trial and error, because if we grow older, there will be not much time for mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe murag mag una pa si TL Ochie kaysa ni Nic ma feature...still working on it

    ReplyDelete